The “ESXi Embedded Host Client” is an HTML5 Angular SPA application. It is installed locally on the ESXi host and is lightweight and fast.
It is still in “Fling” status on VMWare Labs but is stable, though lacking in advanced features.
• VM operations (Power on, off, reset, suspend, etc).
• Creating a new VM, from scratch or from OVF/OVA (limited OVA support)
• Configuring NTP on a host
• Displaying summaries, events, tasks and notifications/alerts
• Providing a console to VMs
• Configuring host networking
• Configuring host advanced settings
• Configuring host services
The current documentation and download links are here: https://labs.vmware.com/flings/esxi-embedded-host-client
Login as root using SSH
Either download and install using a oneliner:
ssh [email protected] esxcli software vib install -v http://download3.vmware.com/software/vmw-tools/esxui/esxui–3530804.vib